Last week, I told you all about my HeForShe pledge. I'm convinced that HeForShe is a brilliant movement that inspires all genders to get actively involved in the development of equal opportunities; a state of affairs that benefits every single one of us.
One part of this pledge was to " I will use social media to promote the Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and to challenge people’s and my views".
As part of this, I thoroughly recommend these short, inspirational and educational talks:
- Emma Watson's UN HeForShe speech
- Not a TED talk but essential viewing!
- Elizabeth Nyamayaro - "An invitation to men who want a better world for women"
- A fantastic and inspiring talk from the head of UN Women's HeForShe initiative and join the the movement behind 2.4 billion social media conversations
- Christopher Bell - "Bring on the female superheroes"
- "Do you operate the toy with your genitals? No - then it's for both boys and girls. If yes, then it's a not toy that's suitable for children!"
- Reshma Saujani (founder of "Girls Who Code") - "Teach girls bravery not perfection"
- A powerful message on how to enable more women to be at the forefront of the technical world
- Gayle Tzernach Lemmon - "Meet the women fighting on the front lines of an American war"
- For anyone who believes that women aren't strong enough to be soldiers or do 'man's work'
- Dame Stephanie Shirley - "Why do ambitious women have flat heads"
- An inspiring and funny talk from a very successful technical entrepreneur
- Tony Porter - "A call to men"
- The other side of the gender debate: the hurtful power of toxic masculinity and why men need more support.
Are there any others that you'd recommend? Let me know in the comments below!